full of … these

sony vayo vpceh3s6e network driver

Posted: April 17th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: howto, idiots | Tags: , , , , | No Comments »

If you downloaded the “Ethernet Driver” from Sony’s support page and you noticed that is not good at all, here is how I made it working.

Searching for the PCI ID found in Device driver list has ended in no useful stuff, only spam results.

Going back to the source of this driver at http://www.sony.ro/support/ro/product/VPCEH3S6E_W/downloads/REDETH_00247766_0042_5704 I have seen the version of the Realtek driver:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Version 7.40.126.2011 for Microsoft® Windows® 7

Searching for this sentence, I have found the HP page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-94199-1

On this page is the exact version that we need:

Released: 2011-05-06
File name: sp52799.exe [1/1, 5.72M]
Version: 7.40.126.2011
Compatibility:
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Enjoy the fix.

Network driver update killed facebook

Posted: December 12th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: idiots | Tags: , , | No Comments »

I while ago I had met a strange issue.

I noticed that facebook is not loading in browser if accessed at work. We do not filter facebook, so, for this reason, the issue was more odd.

I could not find anything in our DNS, it returning correct results.

So, I gave up and stop using facebook. Until I have opened it accidentally while surfing over the wireless connection. Over wireless it was working.

In this conditions I got more interested in this issue. It was clear for me that the cause was on the laptop I am using. So, I have reinstalled the drivers. No luck.

After some days, I realized that I have updated the wired network driver via Windows Updates.  I went to the installed updates, uninstall the new version of the driver and… facebook WORKED!

Here is the culprit (winqual link is not working):

Realtek – Network – Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Download size: 272 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Realtek Network software update released in June, 2011

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20441149

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

 

It seems that winqual.microsoft.com was replaced with sysdev.microsoft.com.


Rewrite rule without losing the initial URI

Posted: November 9th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: howto, idiots | Tags: , , | No Comments »

Today, I had to add a rewrite rule to keep the short word (keyword) after “domain.com/”.

So, you want to keep the keyword in the address bar, but load the long URI and not showing it.

Here is my solution:

RewriteRule ^/(keyword-or-short-name)/?$ /long/i-mean-long-very-long-with-lots-of-params.htm

Happy users!

 


IIS error: HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error

Posted: March 18th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: howto, idiots | Tags: , , , | No Comments »

IIS permission error suck.

I got this error on a freshly server provided by a company:

HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error
Module IIS Web Core
Notification Unknown
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070005
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\E:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config
Requested URL http://localhost:80/iisstart.htm
Physical Path
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

I coul find a page with all errors and how to solve them,  but, none worked:

http://blogs.iis.net/webtopics/archive/2010/03/08/troubleshooting-http-500-19-errors-in-iis-7.aspx

More testing reveled that moving the wwwroot directory from C drive to another drive, somehow affected the security and the access was denied to read the web.config file even the file was a non-existent one.

The solution, after some tests, was to not use wwwroot at all for the default web site. Instead, we created an empty directory in inetpub, and, it worked from the first try.

Also, the old configuration was working if the port 80 was changed to 8080. I have not tried other port, I was too angry to try another (e.g. 81).

Bugger…


Blue Iris Error: 8000274d (OnConnect: 10061), block 0.

Posted: June 15th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: idiots | Tags: | No Comments »

If you upgraded recently, automatically or not, and you can’t see anything in cameras added to Blue Iris you might have connectivity issues.

To debug this, telnet to the ip and port you have using in the camera settings.

If telnet is not working stop the firewall to be sure you are not  limited by it.  And try again in blue iris.

If still no luck, open tcpview, reset camera and quickly check the ports blue iris is accessing.

Compare the port actually used to the one you have setup on the camera. You may find that after the upgrade the ports were changed in blue iris.

I have found that my video port was replaced with default video port (port 554) and web port was changed to my custom video port.