full of … these

sony vayo vpceh3s6e network driver

Posted: April 17th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: howto, idiots | Tags: , , , , | No Comments »

If you downloaded the “Ethernet Driver” from Sony’s support page and you noticed that is not good at all, here is how I made it working.

Searching for the PCI ID found in Device driver list has ended in no useful stuff, only spam results.

Going back to the source of this driver at http://www.sony.ro/support/ro/product/VPCEH3S6E_W/downloads/REDETH_00247766_0042_5704 I have seen the version of the Realtek driver:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Version 7.40.126.2011 for Microsoft® Windows® 7

Searching for this sentence, I have found the HP page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-94199-1

On this page is the exact version that we need:

Released: 2011-05-06
File name: sp52799.exe [1/1, 5.72M]
Version: 7.40.126.2011
Compatibility:
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Enjoy the fix.

Blue Iris Error: 8000274d (OnConnect: 10061), block 0.

Posted: June 15th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: idiots | Tags: | No Comments »

If you upgraded recently, automatically or not, and you can’t see anything in cameras added to Blue Iris you might have connectivity issues.

To debug this, telnet to the ip and port you have using in the camera settings.

If telnet is not working stop the firewall to be sure you are not  limited by it.  And try again in blue iris.

If still no luck, open tcpview, reset camera and quickly check the ports blue iris is accessing.

Compare the port actually used to the one you have setup on the camera. You may find that after the upgrade the ports were changed in blue iris.

I have found that my video port was replaced with default video port (port 554) and web port was changed to my custom video port.


Toshiba Tecra A8-PTA83E – Enable sound on Windows 7

Posted: May 25th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: idiots | Tags: , , , , | No Comments »

After upgrading from Windows Vista or from Windows XP you will find out that the sound doesn’t work.

Like me, you have tried all the drivers available on the internet: XP sound drivers, Vista 32bit or Vista 64bit sound drivers. Still, no luck.

On a forum, I have found a post about a tool that enables the sound for Vista.

The name, obviously, is “Sound Utility to Turn Mute Off”.

The link to the tool:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/downloadDetail.jsp?soid=1671893&pf=true

Let me know if this helped you, it did worked for me in Windows 7 x64.

 

EDIT: The step was required only when I have first time installed Windows 7. Second time I have installed Windows 7, the sound was working from the first boot.


Shell tools, today is sed’s day

Posted: December 4th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: shell | Tags: , , , , , , , | No Comments »

When you have to deal with shell scripting and task automation you need powerful tools.

I will post some basic usage examples to prove how useful sed can be when you have to modify a large number of files.

Here the simple one.
You have several files and you want a word replaced in all of them.

sed -i 's/apache2/httpd/g' files*.conf

This will modify the file matching the pattern files*.conf replacing “apache2” with “httpd”
Removing -i will print the result on the console.

Now, the really useful one, the one that will save you a lot of time.
The problem you have is: 100+ config files that needs to be modified by adding four lines in a special position in the files.

sed -i '/RewriteEngine/i \
\n<Location \/aaa>\n\tProxyPass ajp\:\/\/127.0.0.1\:8019\/aaa\n\tProxyPassReverse ajp\:\/\/127.0.0.1\:8019\/aaa\n\<\/Location\>\n' files*.conf

-i will modify the files by adding before “RewriteEngine" the text:


empty line
<Location/aaa>
<tab>ProxyPass ajp://127.0.0.1:8019/aaa
<tab>ProxyPassReverse ajp://127.0.0.1:8019/aaa
</Location>
emptyline

Now think about adding these lines in every single file, one by one, from 1 to 100, each in an exact position, some of the configs having two or more sections to be added.

Piece of cake with sed.


Fix 0x800CCCDD Outlook 2007 and gmail account

Posted: June 27th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: howto, idiots | Tags: , , , , | 2 Comments »

I had to configure a gmail imap account for a friend on Outlook 2007.
Using settings from google’s page for Outlook configuration did not work for me.
I was getting “Error message-IMAP server closed connection Error Code: 0x800CCCDD”. I have tried almost anything, the connection to the imap server didn’t worked.

I have used thunderbird to test and it worked from the first attempt.

After a while I have noticed that the image with the account details has the password entered and the “Remember password” option checked.
So, I have filled the password field, checked to remember the password and , IT WORKED.

Idiot(s)!

Later edit:

If your gmail is suddenly not working, it might happen for google to be down. Please check google apps status here. Thank you for your visit.